South Whidbey Parks & Aquatics Foundation
The Mission of the South Whidbey Parks & Aquatics Foundation
The mission of the South Whidbey Parks and Aquatics Foundation is to make parks and aquatics activities accessible to ALL residents of the South Whidbey community by raising money to fund capital expenses, operating endowments and scholarships as well as supporting new and existing parks and aquatics programs.
We believe that all people should know how to swim; that swimming is a life saving skill and not just a leisure activity. Swimming is a valuable health enhancing activity that offers opportunities for alternative methods of therapy, rehabilitation, exercise and recreation. We envision and support the creation of a community center, that while centered around aquatics activities, would also provide other facilities and services that the South Whidbey Parks and Recreation District deems important. We will facilitate the formation and support the efforts of partnerships and organizations that help bring our community together around health promoting activities.
- To improve the quality of life for all South Whidbey residents and guests by ensuring healing, fitness, recreational, and educational opportunities for all regardless of age, physical abilities or economic status.
- To facilitate the creation of innovative partnerships between government, private businesses, charitable organizations and individuals to help support and finance South Whidbey Parks & Recreation District and aquatic programs.
- To organize a pool of volunteers with a broad range of skills to benefit the South Whidbey aquatics programs and other non-aquatics South Whidbey Parks & Recreation District programs.
- To help finance, plan, build, and maintain a multi-purpose, all-season aquatics complex on South Whidbey.
- For more information about the South Whidbey Parks and Aquatic Foundation, click here.