Create your own miniature piece of wearable botanical art! Design a unique cocktail ring, bracelet, barrette or pin using succulents, bits of plants, flowers and other organic “jewels.” After your jewelry fades, the bases can be re-used again and again to create unique and beautiful jewelry. Treat yourself or a loved one for a creative workshop!
Fee includes all necessary supplies. Jewelry base and floral adhesive will be yours to take home and re-use. Each participant will receive a cocktail ring base and another piece of their choosing (if you register at least 2 weeks in advance). I’ll have other sanitized supplies/tools for each of you to borrow. The only thing we should have to share, and which can’t be sanitized, will be clippings from the plants. Each person will be set up at their own table/work space, but will “shop” from a common collection of plants. I can provide latex/nitrile gloves upon request.
Bring: Cloth face coverings, hand sanitizer. Dress for the weather, we’ll hopefully be outdoors. You may want to bring a drink and snack to enjoy while working.
Instructor: Carrie Monforte, Recreation Supervisor and amateur floral aficionado, email@example.com
Location: SWPRD Building, 5475 Maxwelton Road, Langley, outdoors on the patio, weather permitting. If necessary, indoors with distancing.
Date/Time: Sat | May 8 | 11:30am-1:30pm
Other dates may scheduled with instructor in small groups.
COVID-19 Safety and Health Screening:
- Temperature Check Participants must take their own temperature shortly before arriving at the program. Stay home if you have a fever. Additional temperature checks with a non-contact thermometer may be done upon arrival.
- Stay home if you or anyone in your household have experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms (not attributable to another condition such as seasonal allergies) in the 14 days prior to the program such as: a fever of 100.4 or higher; cough; sore throat; chills; loss of taste or smell; muscle or body aches; respiratory illness or difficulty breathing; or headache. If you fall ill, please let us know. If you reply to one of our health screening questions in a way that needs more clarification, we’ll have you step to the side while we get the rest of the folks checked in, then chat with you.
- Stay home if you or anyone in your household been exposed to COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Keep your distance and maintain at least 6’ distance from others.
- Wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer upon arrival and departure. Refrain from touching your face.
- Cloth Face Coverings required. We can provide disposable ones if needed.
- Privacy Upon arrival we may ask you some basic health questions about symptoms and exposure. If you would like to discuss anything in a more private way, please call us or email before the program starts. If we are made aware that a participant, volunteer or staff person tested positive for COVID-19, fellow participants and staff who have been exposed will be notified, while maintaining privacy.