Just added: Virtual Wreath-Making Workshop!
Kick off the holiday season in this workshop where you will create a fresh and natural wreath to adorn your home. We’ll provide basic instruction and supplies to create an 18” mixed green wreath, and you’ll choose from the available greenery to make a wreath that’s uniquely you.
Not only will you create a wreath to enjoy this season, but you’ll leave with the knowledge and components to create a new wreath the next time a Whidbey windstorm graces you with an abundance of greenery. Re-use your wreath form and wire, and this wreath becomes a free annual craft tradition.
- A link to the class, sent out via email.
- 18″ Wreath form
- Lots of greens: a bunch of Douglas Fir to be the main base, plus a fun collection of other interesting greens.
You’ll need to provide:
- Garden clippers and something for cutting wire
- Solid internet connection
- Phone/table/computer with video and microphone
- Plenty of workspace surface to spread out in, and one you don’t mind getting sticky with pitch.
- Gloves. Some of these greens (I’m looking at you, holly) will be prickly.
- Ruler/tape measure. I’ll refer to lengths of clippings, spacing etc.
- You may want to gather unusual hardy greens, ribbon, or special ornaments to embellish your wreath.
- Snacks or nibbles. Because why not??!
- I recommend wearing long sleeves and clothes you don’t mind getting pitch/sap on.
Supply pick-up: You’ll pick up supplies from the back patio at our Park Office at 5475 Maxwelton Rd., Langley. 1-2 days prior to class. We do not recommend picking up supplies in the dark, and be sure to bring a friend and a flashlight if you do.
Instructor: Carrie Monforte, Recreation Supervisor and craft dabbler email@example.com
Limited space. Please register by December 13.
Fri | Dec 4 | 1:00pm-3:00pm | $29 FULL
Sat | Dec 5 | 10:00am-12:00pm | $29 FULL
Just Added Virtual Wreath Workshops:
Sun | Dec 6 | 2:00pm-4:00pm | $29 FULL
Wed | Dec 16 | 3:00pm-5:00pm | $29