Beginner Player Course
Learn as you play and become a Pickler in no time! If you are new to the game or would like to brush up on your skills, this is the course for you! You will learn the basics of pickleball rules, terminology, primary skills, coordination, introduction to the court, and more. Come catch Picklemania! We will have some loaner paddles available, please indicate at registration if you need to borrow one for class.
After completing the class, we hope you’ll join us for our Outdoor Pickleball program!
Bring: Paddles (if available; we will have some loaner paddles available, please indicate at registration if you need to borrow one for class.), water bottle, cloth face coverings, hand sanitizer, seating for sidelines (optional). It is recommended that players also bring sanitizing wipes.
Location: South Whidbey Sports Complex (soccer fields). The courts are painted in the SW parking lot.
Instructor: Barry Haworth, firstname.lastname@example.org, with assistance from other avid picklers.
Dates/Time: Tuesday & Thursday, April 27 & 29, 1:00-3:00pm
Fee: $25 for the 2-day clinic.
Rain-Out Plan: Class may be postponed due to inclement weather. Call the office 1 hr prior to class if conditions are uncertain, and check your email. Office: (360)221-5484. We will attempt to re-schedule Tuesday to the following Wednesday, and Thursday to the following Tuesday.
Please review our safety plan for details above, but some of the highlights/changes are:
- Outdoor Pickleball play is by online reservation only.
- Cloth face coverings must worn arrival/departure/sidelines
- 6-foot physical distancing required.
- In addition to self-monitoring, verbal health screening may required at check-in. Temp checks with a non-contact thermometer will likely be done.
- We will provide nets & balls. Loaner paddles are available by request at registration
- Temperature Check Participants must take their own temperature shortly before arriving at the program. Additional temperature checks with a non-contact thermometer may also be conducted at check-in. Stay home if you have a fever.
- Stay home if you or anyone in your household have experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms (not attributable to another condition such as seasonal allergies) in the 14 days prior to the program such as: a fever of 100.4 or higher; cough; sore throat; chills; loss of taste or smell; muscle or body aches; respiratory illness or difficulty breathing; or headache.
- If you fall ill, please let us know.
- Privacy Upon arrival we may ask you some basic health questions about symptoms and exposure. If you would like to discuss anything in a more private way, please call us or email before the program starts. If you reply to one of our health screening questions in a way that needs more clarification, we’ll have you step to the side while we get the rest of the folks checked in, then chat with you.
- Stay home if you or anyone in your household been exposed to COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer upon arrival.
- Wear a cloth face covering at check-in, departure and on sidelines while not actively playing.
- Everyone should refrain from touching their faces.
- If we are made aware that a participant, volunteer or staff person tested positive for COVID-19, fellow participants and volunteers who have been exposed will be notified, while maintaining privacy.
Get a discount on pickleball gear!
Our Picklers can use a discount to receive 5% off everything at www.PickleballCentral.com. An additional 5% of your purchase will go to us in the form of an end-of-year gift certificate.
Club Name: South Whidbey Parks & Rec
Discount Code: CRSWhidbey