Rain-Out Update: Tuesday, October 26th – Pickleball canceled due to wet court conditions.
Adults, All Levels Welcome
Join us for one of the fastest growing sports in the nation, Pickleball. This fun and social game is described as a combination of ping-pong, tennis, and badminton. Played on a small court with a low net, it uses whiffle balls and paddles. It is easy for beginners to learn, but can develop into a quick, fast paced, competitive game for experienced players. Pickleball is FUN. Stay active with us, it is a great work out. We typically play doubles, 4-6 players to a court, splitting and rotating after wins.
Max 18 players per day. Players must join our Pickleball Roster in advance of coming to play. First come, first served.
Dates/Time: Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays – if it’s dry enough, we’ll play! 10:30am – 12:30pm Click here to join our roster once, then drop-in to play when you choose!
First come, first served, max 18.
Rain-Outs: Check your email for cancellations an hour before pickleball if weather’s looking uncertain.
Cost: $3 per day, exact change paid at check-in. Those who have the old punch cards may use them: 2 outdoor visits = 1 punch on old card.
Location: South Whidbey Sports Complex (soccer fields) at 5598 Langley Rd, Langley. The courts are painted in the SW parking lot. MAP We hope to move back indoors to the Community Center as soon as it’s permitted and safer.
We’ve modified our pickleball program, some of the highlights/changes are:
- Players must join our drop-in roster once before coming to play. After joining the roster, you may drop in any time between now and August 31.
- Payment is $3 cash, exact change, per day.
- Those who have old pickleball punch cards may use them (1 punch = 2 outdoor visits)
- Cloth face coverings must during congested periods
- 6-foot physical distancing required.
- Maximum 24 players per day. First come, first served.
- In addition to self-monitoring, verbal health screening may required at check-in. Temp checks with a non-contact thermometer will likely be done.
- We provide nets & balls and some structure.
- No loaner paddles will be available.
- paddles (no loaners)
- water bottles
- cloth face coverings
- hand sanitizer, seating for sidelines
- first aid supplies
- gloves (optional).
- It is recommended that players also bring sanitizing wipes.
- Temperature Check Participants must take their own temperature shortly before arriving at the program. Additional temperature checks with a non-contact thermometer may also be conducted at check-in. Stay home if you have a fever.
- Stay home if you or anyone in your household have experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms (not attributable to another condition such as seasonal allergies) in the 14 days prior to the program such as: a fever of 100.4 or higher; cough; sore throat; chills; loss of taste or smell; muscle or body aches; respiratory illness or difficulty breathing; or headache. If you fall ill, please let us know. If you reply to one of our health screening questions in a way that needs more clarification, we’ll have you step to the side while we get the rest of the folks checked in, then chat with you.
- Stay home if you or anyone in your household been exposed to COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer upon arrival.
- Wear a cloth face covering at check-in and departure.
- Everyone should refrain from touching their faces.
- Privacy Upon arrival we may ask you some basic health questions about symptoms and exposure. If you would like to discuss anything in a more private way, please call us or email before the program starts.
- If we are made aware that a participant, volunteer or staff person tested positive for COVID-19, fellow participants and volunteers who have been exposed will be notified, while maintaining privacy.
Get a discount on pickleball gear!
Our Picklers can use a discount to receive 5% off everything at www.PickleballCentral.com. An additional 5% of your purchase will go to us in the form of an end-of-year gift certificate.
Club Name: South Whidbey Parks & Rec
Discount Code: CRSWhidbey
Pickleball Net Check-Out
You may check out our portable pickleball net to use at the outdoor courts at the South Whidbey Sports Complex (soccer fields) at 5598 Langley Rd, Langley. The courts are painted in the SW parking lot. MAP
You’ll need to provide your own paddles and balls. The net may be checked out during our normal business hours, Mon-Thu 8:30-5:00 or Fri 8:30-4:30. Net check-out is free of charge. Ask us for info on court usage schedules.