PLEASE REVIEW OUR COVID-19 Return to Play Safety Plan
Click here to make a reservation to play with us!
(We do not accept court reservations)
To keep with current safety guidelines we’ve created 2 reservation options per day – you’ll stay on one court, no intermingling between courts. Masks are required for the entire time at pickleball.
Adults, All Levels Welcome
Join us for one of the fastest growing sports in the nation, Pickleball. This fun and social game is described as a combination of ping-pong, tennis, and badminton. Played on a small court with a low net, it uses whiffle balls and paddles. It is easy for beginners to learn, but can develop into a quick, fast paced, competitive game for experienced players. Pickleball is FUN. Stay active with us, it is a great work out. We typically play doubles, 6 players to a court, splitting and rotating after wins.
*We hope to move back indoors to the Community Center as soon as it’s permitted and safer.
Max 12 reservations per day. Outdoor Pickleball is by reservation only! Click here to make a reservation (maximum 3 days at a time). Note: Your reservation is for one spot on a court, with 3-5 other players, not for the entire court.
Dates/Time: Tuesdays 11:00AM-1:00; Thursdays 10:00AM-12:00PM
Rain-Outs: Check your email for cancellations an hour before pickleball if weather’s looking uncertain.
Cost: $3 per day, exact change paid at check-in. Those who have the old punch cards may use them: 2 outdoor visits = 1 punch on old card.
Location: South Whidbey Sports Complex (soccer fields) at 5598 Langley Rd, Langley. The courts are painted in the SW parking lot. MAP
We’ve modified our pickleball program. Please review our safety plan for details, but some of the highlights/changes are:
- New outdoor location MAP
- Play is by online reservation only.
- Payment is $3 cash, exact change.
- Those who have old pickleball punch cards may use them (1 punch = 2 outdoor visits)
- Cloth face coverings must worn the entire time at pickleball.
- 6-foot physical distancing required.
- New process for queuing up
- Maximum 12 reservations per day, no drop-ins. If we fill, please do join the waitlist.
- Players may only make 3 reservations at a time.
- In addition to self-monitoring, verbal health screening may required at check-in. Temp checks with a non-contact thermometer will likely be done.
- We will provide nets & balls.
- No loaner paddles will be available.
- paddles (no loaners)
- water bottles
- cloth face coverings
- hand sanitizer, seating for sidelines
- first aid supplies
- gloves (optional).
- It is recommended that players also bring sanitizing wipes.
- Temperature Check Participants must take their own temperature shortly before arriving at the program. Additional temperature checks with a non-contact thermometer may also be conducted at check-in. Stay home if you have a fever.
- Stay home if you or anyone in your household have experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms (not attributable to another condition such as seasonal allergies) in the 14 days prior to the program such as: a fever of 100.4 or higher; cough; sore throat; chills; loss of taste or smell; muscle or body aches; respiratory illness or difficulty breathing; or headache. If you fall ill, please let us know. If you reply to one of our health screening questions in a way that needs more clarification, we’ll have you step to the side while we get the rest of the folks checked in, then chat with you.
- Stay home if you or anyone in your household been exposed to COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer upon arrival.
- Wear a cloth face covering at check-in and departure.
- Everyone should refrain from touching their faces.
- Privacy Upon arrival we may ask you some basic health questions about symptoms and exposure. If you would like to discuss anything in a more private way, please call us or email before the program starts.
- If we are made aware that a participant, volunteer or staff person tested positive for COVID-19, fellow participants and volunteers who have been exposed will be notified, while maintaining privacy.
Get a discount on pickleball gear!
Our Picklers can use a discount to receive 5% off everything at www.PickleballCentral.com. An additional 5% of your purchase will go to us in the form of an end-of-year gift certificate.
Club Name: South Whidbey Parks & Rec
Discount Code: CRSWhidbey
Pickleball Net Check-Out
You may check out our portable pickleball net to use at the outdoor courts at the South Whidbey Sports Complex (soccer fields) at 5598 Langley Rd, Langley. The courts are painted in the SW parking lot. MAP
You’ll need to provide your own paddles and balls. The net may be checked out during our normal business hours, Mon-Thu 8:30-5:00 or Fri 8:30-4:30. Net check-out is free of charge. Ask us for info on court usage schedules.