Reservations are required for groups of 20+ people. Picnic shelters, fields, and other park facilities must be reserved by submitting a Facility Reservation Request Form (below) by fax to 360-221-7323, email at email@example.com or in person at our office located at: 5475 Maxwelton Road in Langley. Reservations are only scheduled once approved and any applicable reservation fees are paid. We will contact you for payment after the Facility Reservation Request Form is received in our office. For additional information about availability and rates, call (360)221-5484. Note: Scheduling info for fields for leagues, tournaments and individual teams is available by calling Doug at (360) 221-6488.
Facility & Field Use Use Rules
- Reservations are filledon a first come, first served basism depending on availability.
- All necessary time for set-up and clean-up should be including on the reservation form.
- Use must be contained within the designated area.
- Games must not interfere with other park users (i.e. no softball, volleyball or other sports that need more space than is available). If additional spaces are needed for your group’s use, that must be indicated on the Facility & Field Reservation Request Form.
- Electricity is not available at the shelter site.
- There is a possibility that water will not be available at the site. There is water in the restroom sinks.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited anywhere on SWPRD premises.
- No smoking within 300 feet of ball fields or the playgrounds.
- Decorations: use of rice, birdseed, confetti or candles is prohibited.
- Water balloons or squirt gun fights are NOT allowed in the restrooms, the shelter, or the surrounding areas of the park
- Signs shall not be attached to shelters, trees, railing, etc with staples, nails, etc.
- All picnic users must clean and clear out the picnic shelter site a minimum of 30 minutes before the posted park closure time.
- You must vacate reserved park sites upon request by Park staff.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the outdoor site is left in the same condition as it was found prior to use. Litter and any decorations must be collected and deposited in trash containers. Picnic tables and benches should be cleaned off.
- Cooking is only allowed in the provided permanent grills.
- Amplification of music is not allowed.
- It is recommended that you have a copy of your approved reservation form on-hand during your scheduled use in the event of any scheduling conflicts.
- Your reservation is not confirmed until it is approved by a SWPRD staff member and any applicable fees are paid.
Picnic shelters are available at both Community Park and the Sports Complex. Each picnic shelter can accommodate 55-75 people, depending on how seating is arranged. Park hours are 7:00 a.m. to Dusk.
The Crow’s Nest
The Crow’s Nest is the upstairs area of the 2-story building that formerly housed the District’s offices at Community Park (above the concession stand and restrooms). The Crow’s Nest has a small sink, limited tables & chairs. The Crow’s Nest is only available during regular park hours. Minimum rental is 2 hours.
Fields and Athletic Facilities
South Whidbey Parks and Recreation District has softball, baseball and grass soccer fields available. We do require advance reservation of our athletic fields, and a fee for use of the fields may be required. Scheduling information for leagues, tournaments and individual teams is available by calling Doug at (360) 221-6488 and submitting a Facility Reservation Request Form.