Diggin’ for Dinner
Get out of your shell at this informational and hands-on workshop on clamming in our area. Learn about gear, harvesting regulations, where to go, and practical instructions. Harvest steamed clams and enjoy the beach at low tide. You’ll take home your clam harvest (health conditions permitting), a clam measuring tool, and yummy recipes for serving up your finds.
Bring: Cloth face coverings, hand sanitizer, water bottle. Dress for the weather – layers. Each person will need to bring shoes that can get wet and sandy, a 2+ gallon watertight container, and a small shovel or hand cultivator for each person wanting to harvest clams. Those traveling greater distances will want to bring ice packs. Plan on walking a distance on the beach. We have been granted a one-day educational group fishing permit, so you will not need to purchase a clam license for the class.
Coordinator: Carrie Monforte email@example.com (360)221-6788
Location: A South Whidbey Beach, TBA upon registration.
Sat | May 1 | 1:30–3:30pm | $20*
*Youth with a participating adult are welcome. No charge for children under the age of 5 years, max 2 per adult, but they must be registered separately.
Update: We have been granted a one-day educational group fishing permit, so you will not need to purchase a clam license for the class.
COVID-19 Safety and Health Screening:
- Temperature Check Participants must take their own temperature before arriving at the program. Stay home if you have a fever. Additional temperature checks with a non-contact thermometer may be done upon arrival.
- Stay home if you or anyone in your household have experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms (not attributable to another condition such as seasonal allergies) in the 14 days prior to the program such as: a fever of 100.4 or higher; cough; sore throat; chills; loss of taste or smell; muscle or body aches; respiratory illness or difficulty breathing; or headache. If you fall ill, please let us know. If you reply to one of our health screening questions in a way that needs more clarification, we’ll have you step to the side while we get the rest of the folks checked in, then chat with you.
- Stay home if you or anyone in your household been exposed to COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Keep your distance and maintain at least 6’ distance from others outside your household.
- Wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer upon arrival and departure. Refrain from touching your face.
- Cloth Face Coverings required. We can provide disposable ones if needed.
- Privacy Upon arrival we may ask you some basic health questions about symptoms and exposure. If you would like to discuss anything in a more private way, please call us or email before the program starts. If we are made aware that a participant, volunteer or staff person tested positive for COVID-19, fellow participants and staff who have been exposed will be notified, while maintaining privacy.