Running Under the Lights will begin Thursday, Jan 21.
Run or Walk Under the High School Track Lights
Did you make new fitness goals? Get started with this simple activity! Bundle up and fight the winter slump by embracing the cold and running or walking with us on a well-lit track as the evenings grow darker. Invite a friend to chat your way around the track (with 6′ distance), or plug in with headphones and focus on your own rhythm. Limited space, reserve your spot at least 2 hours in advance.
Note: Our usage is limited to the track area. Field usage is not permitted. Restrooms are not available.
Bring: Weather-appropriate attire (layers!), water bottle, hand sanitizer, and arrive wearing a cloth face covering, which must be worn while exercising.
Coordinator: Carrie Monforte firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: South Whidbey High School track at 5675 Maxwelton Road, Langley. Track only, no field access.
Schedule: Thursdays | Jan 21 –Mar 11* | 5-6pm or 6-7pm* | Free
*Schedule subject to change and COVID-19 restrictions. 1-hr slots. BY RESERVATION ONLY – Reserve your spot here.
Guidelines, Rules & Etiquette
- Advance online reservations are required. There is limited capacity for each time slot.
- Enter and check in at the west ticket booth upon arrival.
- People with underlying health conditions should consult with their medical provider regarding participation in athletic activities.
- Cloth face coverings are required for all participants, staff and volunteers at all times.
- Physical distance of 6 feet must be maintained between all participants, staff and volunteers at all times. Even while running.
- Walk/run in a counter-clockwise direction
- Give faster runners right of way on the inside lanes; walkers should keep to outside lanes.
- Give at least 6’ of space when passing. Feel free to holler “on your right!” or “on your left!” if it’s necessary.
- Don’t stop on the track – step off if needed.
- No spitting.
- Headphones should be used at a volume level that allows you to hear other participants around you so that you’re aware of your surroundings and can hear other runners behind you.
- Guests should only use track areas. Fields are off-limits.
- Strollers and bikes are not permitted on the track.
- Dogs are not permitted.
- Restrooms are not available.
- No spectators allowed; only registered participants permitted.
Health & COVID Safety
- All Participants, staff and volunteers must self-screen for signs/symptoms of COVID-19 prior to workout.
- Participants, staff and volunteers are required to stay home if they feel unwell, show any signs of COVID-19, or are a close contact of a confirmed case in the last 14 days.
- Any person with symptoms of COVID-19 or who is a close contact of someone with confirmed COVID-19 are not be allowed to participate and should contact his or her primary care provider or other appropriate health-care professional.
- Those who are excluded due to COVID-19 symptoms or because they are close contacts must follow DOH and local public health isolation and quarantine guidance before returning to the program.
- Privacy, Records & Contact Tracing: Upon arrival we may ask you some basic health questions about symptoms and exposure. If you would like to discuss anything in a more private way, please call us or email before the program starts. If we are made aware that a participant, volunteer or staff person tested positive for COVID-19, fellow participants and staff who have been exposed will be notified, while maintaining privacy. We will keep a roster of registered participants, staff and volunteers present each day to assist with contact tracing in the event of a possible exposure. Attendance rosters will be kept on file for at least 28 days.
COVID-19 Health Screening:
Temperature Check: Participants, staff and volunteers must take their own temperature shortly before arriving at the program. Stay home if you have a fever of 100+. Additional temperature checks with a non-contact thermometer may be conducted upon arrival.
Stay home if you or anyone in your household have experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms (not attributable to another condition such as seasonal allergies) in the 14 days prior to the program such as: a fever of 100.4 or higher; cough; sore throat; chills; loss of taste or smell; muscle or body aches; respiratory illness or difficulty breathing; or headache. If you fall ill after participating, please let us know. If you reply to one of our health screening questions in a way that needs more clarification, we’ll have you step to the side while we get the rest of the folks checked in, then chat with you.
Stay home if you, a close contact, or anyone in your household been exposed to COVID-19 in the last 14 days.