This 200-acre property has been in State ownership since 1895 as part of the State’s “trust lands.” In 2004, Whidbey Camano Land Trust, a local non-profit organization, coordinated an effort to place this property on the DNR transfer list. Public support was gathered from all over Whidbey Island. The transfer was approved in 2006 as part of a package of properties in Island County. The property was appraised by DNR at $3.8 million in May 2007. Funding was approved by the legislature in early 2007, and the property was officially transferred to the South Whidbey Parks & Recreation District June 30, 2007. The ADA trail and picnic shelter along with a paved parking lot are accessible from Craw Road.