Botanical Jewelry Workshop
Create your own miniature piece of wearable botanical art! Design a unique cocktail ring and a bracelet, barrette or pin using succulents, bits of plants, flowers and other organic “jewels.” After your jewelry fades, the bases can be re-used again and again to create unique and beautiful jewelry. Treat yourself or a loved one for a creative afternoon! Fee includes all supplies, including one cocktail ring base and one other piece of your choosing (if registered 2+ weeks in advance). The jewelry bases and floral adhesive are yours to take home and recreate future botanical jewelry.
Bring: Cloth face coverings may be required, TBD, hand sanitizer. Dress for the weather, we’ll hopefully be outdoors. Proof of completed COVID-19 vaccine status required.
Instructor: Carrie Monforte, amateur floral aficionado, email@example.com
Location: TBA, outdoors at Community Park or SWPRD Office Building, weather permitting, or indoors with distancing if permitted by current guidelines.
Min 2/Max 5
Date/Time: Fri | Feb 25 | 2-4pm (New Date!)
Fee: $40 includes all necessary supplies. Jewelry base and floral adhesive will be yours to take home and re-use. Each participant will receive a cocktail ring base and one other piece of their choosing (if you register at least 2 weeks in advance). Loaner sanitized supplies/tools for each person will be provided. The only thing we should have to share, and which can’t be sanitized, will be clippings from the plants. Each person will be set up at their own table/work space, but will “shop” from a common collection of plants.
COVID-19 Safety and Health Screening:
- Temperature Check Participants must take their own temperature shortly before arriving at the program. Stay home if you have a fever.
- Stay home if you or anyone in your household have experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms (not attributable to another condition such as seasonal allergies) in the 14 days prior to the program such as: a fever of 100.4 or higher; cough; sore throat; chills; loss of taste or smell; muscle or body aches; respiratory illness or difficulty breathing; or headache. If you fall ill, please let us know. If you reply to one of our health screening questions in a way that needs more clarification, we’ll have you step to the side while we get the rest of the folks checked in, then chat with you.
- Stay home if you or anyone in your household been exposed to COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Keep your distance and maintain at least 6’ distance from others.
- Wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer upon arrival and departure. Refrain from touching your face.
- Cloth Face Coverings: May be required, TBD. We can provide disposable ones if needed.
- Vaccine: Proof of completed COVID-19 status required.
- Privacy: Upon arrival we may ask you some basic health questions about symptoms and exposure. If you would like to discuss anything in a more private way, please call us or email before the program starts. If we are made aware that a participant, volunteer or staff person tested positive for COVID-19, fellow participants and staff who have been exposed will be notified, while maintaining privacy.