Education for your puppy
ADULT HANDLERS 18+ AND PUPPIES AGES 12-WEEKS TO 1-YEAR
As your puppy gets into adolescence, it’s even more important to set them up for success by teaching them how to make great choices.
The Puppy Foundation class will work on:
• Household manners – being ok in the house, stopping the nipping and biting, growing calmness and house training
• Inspiring great behaviors
• On-leash behavior – easy walks, core concepts and lessons that build the foundation for this before you step outside
• Off-leash behavior – how to be successful with your dog choosing you over the environment & choosing to hang out with you instead
Pre-requisite: Participants must be able to keep physical control of their dog. We reserve the right to restrict any dog’s participation for any reason, for the safety of other dogs and participants. Evidence of current vaccinations required.
Instructor: Jan Shannon is a professional dog trainer certified by Karen Pryor Academy (KPA CTP), and Animal Behavior College (ABCDT) and the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers (CPDTKA). For a full description of education, certification, and philosophy, visit www.modernk9training.com
Bring: Collar and leash
Location: Community Park ‘Dog House’, 5495 Maxwelton Road, Langley; classes meet in classrooms and outdoors.
- Oct 28-Dec 2, 10:00-11:00am
Minimum 4/Maximum 6 students