Intro to Pickleball
Beginner Player Course
Learn as you play and become a Pickler in no time! If you are new to the game or would like to brush up on your skills, this is the course for you! You will learn the basics of pickleball rules, terminology, primary skills, coordination, introduction to the court, and more. Come catch Picklemania! After completing the class, we hope you’ll join us for our regular Pickleball program!
Bring: Paddle (loaner paddles are available by request at registration), water bottle. We will provide nets and balls.
Location: South Whidbey Sports Complex at. The courts are painted in the SW parking lot.
Instructor: Barry Haworth, email@example.com, with assistance from other avid picklers.
Rain-Out Plan: Class may be postponed due to inclement weather. Check your email one hour prior to class if conditions are uncertain. We will attempt to re-schedule Wednesday classes to Friday, and Friday classes to the following Monday.
Schedule: Wed & Fri | June 15-17 | 1-3pm | $25
*Check website for additional and kid-friendly sessions: swparks.org/event/intro-to-pickleball
After completing the class, we hope you’ll join us for our Drop-In Pickleball program!
We will follow Washington State Guidance for Sports Activities, as they are updated.
HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS
- Wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer upon arrival.
- Cloth or disposable face coverings are optional.
- If we are made aware that a participant, volunteer or staff person tested positive for COVID-19, fellow participants and volunteers who have been exposed will be notified, while maintaining privacy.
Isolation and quarantine recommendations are different for vaccinated and unvaccinated persons.
ISOLATION – For those who test positive for COVID-19
Everyone, regardless of vaccination status:
- Stay home for 5 days.
- If you have no symptoms or your symptoms are resolving after 5 days, you can leave your house.
- Continue to wear a mask around others for 5 additional days. If you have a fever, continue to stay home until your fever resolves.
- QUARANTINE – For those who have been exposed to COVID-19
- If you have been boosted – OR – completed the primary series of Pfizer/Moderna vaccine within the last 6 months – OR – completed the primary series of J&J vaccine within the last 2 months:
- Wear a mask around others for 10 days.
- Test on day 5, if possible. If you develop symptoms, get tested and stay home.
- If you completed the primary series of Pfizer/Moderna vaccine over 6 months ago and are not boosted – OR completed the primary series of J&J over 2 months ago and are not boosted – OR – are unvaccinated:
- Stay home for 5 days. After that continue to wear a mask around others for 5 additional days.
- If you can’t quarantine you must wear a mask for 10 days.
- Test on day 5 if possible. If you develop symptoms, get tested and stay home.
Get a discount on pickleball gear!
Our Picklers can use a discount to receive 5% off everything at www.PickleballCentral.com. An additional 5% of your purchase will go to us in the form of an end-of-year gift certificate.
Club Name: South Whidbey Parks & Rec
Discount Code: CRSWhidbey
Pickleball Net Check-Out
You may check out a portable pickleball net to use at the primitive outdoor courts at South Whidbey Sports
Complex. The courts are painted in the SW parking lot. You’ll provide your own paddles and balls. The net may be checked out during our normal business hours, free of charge.