Pickleball Ladder ‘League’
ADULTS, ALL LEVELS
Join the ladder league for 6 weeks of structured pickleball play! No partner required! Players register individually and then each week are placed in groups of 4, 5 or 6 based on their position on the ladder. They then play with and against the other players in their group. All play is gender neutral unless otherwise specified.
The Ladder format of play is designed so that players play mostly with others of similar skill levels. Your ranking on a ladder is based upon your winning percentage (the ratio of points won to total points possible for games played). Players will move up or down the ladder based upon their winning percentage.
Players will self-rate their pickleball skill level (see Self Rating Guide) when registering, and you’ll be matched with players of similar ability. Your level may be adjusted by coordinators, and also may change during the season. Players will confirm their availability Wednesdays. Match assignments will come out by Friday evening.
Each week an email will be sent out to those who have expressed interest in playing that week. The Ladder coordinator will assign four players to a specific court where they will play a Round Robin. Three games will be played with rotating players – each game set at 15 for a win. For example, Players 1 and 2 are partners against Players 3 and 4. Players 3 and 4 win the game each receiving 15 points; players 1 and 2 achieved 11 points. Points are recorded on an individual score sheet provided for that court. Points/percentages are calculated by the Ladder Coordinator and posted. An email with that game’s results is sent to all players on the roster. Weekly partners are different but assigned within the A Ladder or B Ladder.
You do not have to play EVERY week to participate and you can join any time.
Rain-outs may be added to the end of the season.
Just here for the weekend? Sign up in advance to drop in.
Players may join the ladder at any time. Register by Noon Wednesday to play Saturday!
Info: Coordinated by Jean Mylen email@example.com with help from other Pickleball enthusiasts.
Location: South Whidbey Sports Complex (soccer fields) at 5598 Langley Rd, Langley. The courts are painted in the SW parking lot. MAP
Levels: Rate yourself!
Dates/Time: 6 Saturdays, between July 17 and September 4, between 11am to 1pm. There will most likely be no games July 31.
Fee: $20 per person; $10 drop-in as space is available.
Register: SIGN UP HERE
PLEASE REVIEW OUR COVID-19 safety plan prior to registering. We will follow Washington State Guidance for Sports Activities, as they are updated.
- Temperature Check Participants must take their own temperature shortly before arriving at the program. Additional temperature checks with a non-contact thermometer may also be conducted at check-in. Stay home if you have a fever.
- Stay home if you or anyone in your household have experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms (not attributable to another condition such as seasonal allergies) in the 14 days prior to the program such as: a fever of 100.4 or higher; cough; sore throat; chills; loss of taste or smell; muscle or body aches; respiratory illness or difficulty breathing; or headache. If you fall ill, please let us know. If you reply to one of our health screening questions in a way that needs more clarification, we’ll have you step to the side while we get the rest of the folks checked in, then chat with you.
- Stay home if you or anyone in your household been exposed to COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer upon arrival.
- Wear a cloth face covering at check-in. Everyone should refrain from touching their faces.
- Privacy Upon arrival we may ask you some basic health questions about symptoms and exposure. If you would like to discuss anything in a more private way, please call us or email before the program starts.
- If we are made aware that a participant, volunteer or staff person tested positive for COVID-19, fellow participants and volunteers who have been in close contact and exposed will be notified, while maintaining privacy.